October 30th 2019 11:55 PM CST
All Premium servers and Montreal Canada TeamSpeak servers have been updated.
October 30th 2019 12:46 AM CST
We are over half way through the Premium servers, we plan on finishing them tomorrow, as well as the TeamSpeak servers in Montreal Canada.
October 29th 2019 1:18 AM CST
All Premium OC server updates are complete.
October 25th 2019 10:30 AM CST
The updates and testing are going well, we are expecting that the first downtime will start on the evening of Monday the 28th.
October 19th 2019 11:00 AM CST
We have been preparing the servers for some major updates to the systems, October 26th and November 2nd, we plan on finalizing these updates.
Over the past few months we have been making many improvements to our systems, with this some downtime is expected, we try our best to keep the downtime to a minimum during updates. With this said, we try to do as much as we can before we take any servers offline so that we can reduce the downtime as much as possible. Many of the improvements are back end, meaning that you may not directly see the changes, others are very noticeable.
Here are some of the improvements so far:
- New server for the Multicraft control panel, this allows for larger file transfers within the panel, without needing to use FileZilla, as well as improved copy and move functionality.
- New request form for server versions that are not in our list, this makes it easier to get the version you want to play.
- New section under the JAR selection in Multicraft, explaining how to request the server versions.
- Updated the way we add server versions and modpacks, this makes the turn around from request to ready to play faster.
- New Multicraft theme requested by you, our clients, so far we have received great feedback on the theme.
- Numerous other behind the scenes updates, for security and performance.
This final update will be an operating system update, we did extensive testing to make sure that the new operating system will work with our current machines and software. Operating system updates are a bit more time consuming and involve more risk. We will be making complete backups to our client files on each machine before updating the server, we do not expect that any files will be lost, however we want to be sure that your files are safe, the downtime on each machine will vary depending of the number of clients and size of the files on that machine. As always, it is also a good idea for you to make periodic backups of your server files and download them to your computer for safe keeping. We expect that the downtime will be less then 3 hours for each machine.
As we do not have a set downtime for each machine, we will be announcing here and through the broadcast system in Multicraft before we take a machine offline. We will list the server by the FTP domain name, you can find this in Multicraft under Files>FTP File Access, it will be formatted like this: xxx.vahosting.net.
We will post any updates to the top of this page, to make it easier to see the new information.
As always, thank you for your patience and understand, during these updates.
If you have any questions about these updates or anything else about a service with us, please let us know through our ticket system. Please keep in mind that we will be quite busy during these updates, so response times may be longer than normal.
VA Hosting LLC
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution